On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 2:28 PM Paul Wouters <p...@nohats.ca> wrote:

> On May 25, 2021, at 17:16, Tim Wicinski <tjw.i...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > All
> >
> > The authors took the advice from the working group and extracted the
> more common features
> > into a separate document.   The chairs would like the working group to
> give some comments, as
> > we feel a document like this should be considered for adoption.
>
> I had not responded on purpose. As indicated in the past, I find the gains
> of encrypting but not authenticating authoritative servers not very useful.

I agree with this.

The fundamental question here is whether we want to build a mechanism for
authenticated ADoX or not; and if so, whether there are technical
mechanisms that make it possible/practical. I don't believe we have
consensus on this point (indeed, PaulW and I disagree on that), and so just
trying to pull out those mechanisms while avoiding this issue seems not
very productive.

-Ekr

We have an existing authentication mechanism for authenticating