Hiya,

On 26/05/2021 20:49, Eric Rescorla wrote:
As noted in my presentation, it's more than an optimization. It's an
important security function in cases where the sensitive domain name is the
apex.

I agree with Eric on the above. And a similar thing is true
of the DS record for DNSSEC. And there's no evidence I've
seen that either is remotely practical for the vast majority
of 2LDs. (A few exceptional TLDs aside.) That's really a
pity, and I'd love to see things improve but that's where we
seem to be and have been for years.

Cheers,
S.