Ah, the joys of USB charging protocols. It’s taken nearly 20yrs and they
still haven’t got a reliable, performant solution. USB-pd gets it nearly
correct, but it’s still not perfect.

Slow charging speeds are also very much caused by the cable type. Back when
I was charging micro-usb based smartphones I went through a handful of
cables and anything that negotiated at <2a went in the bin. There really is
a lot of junk out there. A USB power meter and a qc3 compatible charger is
a good starting point.

On Wed, 3 May 2023 at 18:19, Peter Merchant <petermerch...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> >> I didn't make last night.  My problem is the Android phone which I use
> >> for Jitsi now stays permanently ‘Awake’, burning through 100% of battery
> >> in about four hours.  The battery chart's detail has ‘Media’ as one of
> >> the top two users, but the percentage of all those that are listed is
> >> well under 50%.  I suspect Media though because clicking it shows it is
> >> Awake for 100% of the time and used CPU for about 50% of it. Perhaps
> >> that's a dual-core thing.
>
> What app is this battery chart?  SWMBO keeps complaining that her tablet
> doesn't hold a charge overnight, and I wonder what she has running. I have
> just installed Accubattery.
>
> Dear S-in-L who is an Electrical Engineer, suggests getting a better
> charger with more oomph. All of the chargers that I have are rated at
> 5V/1A. Charging the two phones in the house shows the device drawing
> approx 500ma, and the same charger on my tablet is giving >1A.   I have
> repeated this on about 6 chargers.  So it ain't the fault of the charger.
> [ I just plugged my tablet into a powerbank, and it is getting ~667mA. ]
>
> Peter
>

> --
>   Next meeting: Online, Jitsi, Tuesday, 2023-06-06 20:00
>   Check to whom you are replying

Sent from my iPhone