On 08/26/2011 05:24 AM, Ron wrote:
I have to believe that this one is at least to some extent referring to me as I 
am a huge fan of the x-lock.  Anyone who thinks that their rig is a NBS device 
is dreaming.  OTOH the reality is that the x-lock tends to make the drift w/i 
the TR7 manageable.

Anyone who understands the technology knows that all x-lock is doing is "bouncing" the freq around 
a small freq "slot" and clocking that against a more stable reference.  The rig is more stable than 
letting the PTO "free run".  That is only slowing the entire process to a point so that we humans 
do not notice it as much.

No harm, no fowl.  Just comments.

73
Ron WD8SBB

--- On Thu, 8/25/11, Jim Shorney<[email protected]>  wrote:

From: Jim Shorney<[email protected]>
Subject: [Drakelist] Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and drift-free modern radios
To: "[email protected]"<[email protected]>
Date: Thursday, August 25, 2011, 8:56 PM

Some days I am more easily amused than other days.

http://www.k0to.us/HAM/FT1000MP/Temperature%20Stabilized%20FT1000MP%20REF%20oscillator_files/Temperature%20Stabilized%20FT1000MP%20REF%20oscillator.htm

What led me to the above link was a discussion of drift in
the IC-706 radios on another list. It also reminded me of
the ongoing discussions on this list of huff-puff
stabilizers for our "drifty" TR-7s. What's new is old,
what's old is new.

All kidding aside, this idea might be a good approach to
tame those pesky 40 MHz reference oscillators in slaved
7-Twins. I'll have to put it on my round tuit list.

73

-Jim

Reply:

It is posting like this I prefer bottom. I do not know who sent to whom or which IS top/bottom in the above example.
Can you imagine a LONGER list?
Also:
People also need to TRIM their replies .... it makes for cleaner reading.

OK, my 2 and 3/4 cents (adjusted for inflation)

72
Ron, wb1hga

_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to