Jim -

Nothing funnier than a bunch of SSB types sitting on 3975.000000 MHz (or so they think!) and spend hours fighting over who's transmitter is 150 Hz high, (or low,) when NONE of them are actually on 3975.000000!!! I was not aware that the FCC had changed us from ham bands to CB type channelization.

Same problem as the rest of our society, far more dollars than cents......  :-)

73, Garey - K4OAH
Glen Allen, VA

Drake 2-B, 2-C/2-NT, 4-A, 4-B, C-Line
and TR-4/C Service Supplement CDs
<www.k4oah.com>


Jim Shorney wrote:
Some days I am more easily amused than other days.

http://www.k0to.us/HAM/FT1000MP/Temperature%20Stabilized%20FT1000MP%20REF%20oscillator_files/Temperature%20Stabilized%20FT1000MP%20REF%20oscillator.htm

What led me to the above link was a discussion of drift in the IC-706 radios on another 
list. It also reminded me of the ongoing discussions on this list of huff-puff 
stabilizers for our "drifty" TR-7s. What's new is old, what's old is new.

All kidding aside, this idea might be a good approach to tame those pesky 40 
MHz reference oscillators in slaved 7-Twins. I'll have to put it on my round 
tuit list.



_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to