On Fri, 26 Aug 2011 08:59:20 -0400, Curt Nixon wrote:

> In my IC 751, which 
>have used in the FMT's, I simply placed a small styrofoam "box" around 
>the ref crystal.

I've got a DigiMax freq counter with an "oven". Now, DigiMax counters weren't
the greatest, they were made to be cheap - I wouldn't have paid real money for
one when they were new, but I got this one in a lot of auction stuff. The oven
one is a hollowed out block of styrofoam glued to the PCB over the oscillator
circuit, a resistor and a small IC temp controller. Cheap, but it works.

>I'm sure some insulation would help the TR-7.

Probably would, but there isn't a lot of room in the card cage and around that
40 MHz oscillator. It would be some very thin insulation.

73,

-Jim (interleaved)

--
Ham Radio NU0C
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.S.A.
TR7/RV7/R7A/L7, TR6/RV6, T4XC/R4C/L4B, NCL2000, SB104A, R390A, GT550A/RV550A, 
HyGain 3750, IBM PS/2 - all vintage, all the time!

"Give a man a URL, and he will learn for an hour; teach him to Google, and he 
will learn for a lifetime."

HyGain 3750 User's Group - http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HyGain_3750/
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/jshorney
http://www.nebraskaghosts.org



_______________________________________________
Drakelist mailing list
[email protected]
http://mailman.zerobeat.net/mailman/listinfo/drakelist

Reply via email to