Hi Paul:

At first, it will appear as a unsulvable puzzle trying to remove the rod and yke from the frame. But keep at it..it will come out without bending and go back in. Takes me a few minutes every time to figure out how mto rotate it around to get it past the guide rod that is fixed into the frame. This is all much easier to do if the whole assembly is out of the rig already.

Curt

Paul Gerhardt wrote:
Curt
Thanks for letting me know that the fork to 'slug rod' joint is
soldered.  On the one I have here it was a poor solder connection.  As
it should be grounded I will take the fork all the way out and use the
method Garey suggested for getting it back together.