On 2002.02.22 20:57 Alan Hourihane wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 08:37:08PM +0000, Keith Whitwell wrote:
> > Jos Fonseca wrote:

> > > Is responsible for the indirect rendering and is only used is this
> > > circumstance.
> > >
> > > The question is if there have been any changes across Xfree 4.x &/|
> Mesa
> > > &/| DRI that could lead to incompatibilities...
> >
> > I can't see why there would have been.  This stuff doesn't really talk
> to the
> > DRI or to the DDX modules in any direct way.  I don't think it will
> need to be
> > replaced on downloads.
> >
> Keith,
>
> libGLcore.a is the internal Mesa code that drives indirect GLX.
>
> If anything changes in Mesa, libGLcore.a changes too.
>
> Alan.

It changes, but it doesn't break compatibility, does it? The same thing
goes for libGLX. Both these libraries have they behavior pretty
standarized and are self contained so changes in their internals should
not be noticed by the other components.
Assuming that nobody would download a 10 MB set of experimental 3D drivers
for get improvements of indirect rendering we probably should leave these
out.

Regards,