Quoting Jose Fonseca <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Luckily, after sending the previous email the script completed
> sucessfully. The generated packages are available at:
>
> http://mefriss1.swan.ac.uk/~jfonseca/dri/packages/
>
> Unfortunately, as you can notice the packages are huge. Attached is a
> file list of the i810 driver. libGLcore, e.g., is 18 MB..!
>
> Compressing with bzip2 does help, but I don't know if archives this big
> aren't a little against the whole idea of this.
>
> But having debugging information could be useful. My suggestion would be
> strip everything that can be stripped, except for libGL and the Mesa
> driver, which both run on user space and, in principle, are the only
> from were we could get a stack trace from a user.
>

> Regards,
>
> Jose Fonseca

Some good news, just when I'm away from school! (and its great connection :) ).
But just a thought: it looks like you use the "standard" host.def for the
mach64 build. And the last time I checked out the branch, the #define
MesaUse3DNow YES line wasnt in the host.def file (cant check now, since I only
have windoze to surf)
Since the mach64 isnt powerful, all optimisations are welcome. Are there real
performance differences if one can use this option (personnally, I've got an
athlon4)?

Anyway, if there's an increase in fps, I'll continue to update/recompile the
mach64 branch (at least at school) with all optimisations possible, so if
anyone is interested in athlon-compiled binary drivers, I can help (but not
before march 4th).

Regards,

Bernard Cafarelli