On Fri, Feb 22, 2002 at 08:59:01PM +0000, José Fonseca wrote:
> On 2002.02.22 20:57 Alan Hourihane wrote:

> >Mesa
> >>
> >> I can't see why there would have been.  This stuff doesn't really talk
> >to the
> >> DRI or to the DDX modules in any direct way.  I don't think it will
> >need to be
> >> replaced on downloads.
> >>
> >Keith,
> >
> >libGLcore.a is the internal Mesa code that drives indirect GLX.
> >
> >If anything changes in Mesa, libGLcore.a changes too.
> >
> >Alan.
> >

> It changes, but it doesn't break compatibility, does it? The same thing
> goes for libGLX. Both these libraries have they behavior pretty
> standarized and are self contained so changes in their internals should
> not be noticed by the other components.
> Assuming that nobody would download a 10 MB set of experimental 3D drivers
> for get improvements of indirect rendering we probably should leave these
> out.

What I meant is from a bug standpoint. If there's a bug in Mesa which
is fixed, then libGLcore.a needs to be replaced. This is only to do
with indirect rendering. A severe bug in Mesa can cause the Xserver to
crash as it's loaded into the Xservers name space. We've already
come across this a few times, and more recently with the NAN/INF
problems.

Alan.