Thanks, Shane:

I don't think Dorothea's articles describes what I want to do.
What I am wondering is if I can add descriptions to the bitstreams
using the importer.  Let me demonstrate with an example:

Here is an excerpt of the item display of something that I uploaded :

Title:  Cornell Chronicle Vol. 26, No. 1 - No. 43, 1994-1995
Issue Date:  1995
Publisher:  Cornell University
Abstract:  The Cornell Chronicle, the official weekly of record for
Cornell University.
URI:  http://hdl.handle.net/1813/7753
Appears in Collections: Cornell Chronicle

Files in This Item:

File       Description       Size    Format
026_43.pdf                   2.97 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_42.pdf                   3.28 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_41.pdf                   3.4  MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_40.pdf                   3.61 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_39.pdf                   3.31 MB Adobe PDF View/Open

What I want to import is the descriptions of the PDFs as follows:

Title:  Cornell Chronicle Vol. 26, No. 1 - No. 43, 1994-1995
Issue Date:  1995
Publisher:  Cornell University
Abstract:  The Cornell Chronicle, the official weekly of record for
Cornell University.
URI:  http://hdl.handle.net/1813/7753
Appears in Collections: Cornell Chronicle

Files in This Item:

File       Description       Size    Format
026_43.pdf Volume 26, No. 43 2.97 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_42.pdf Volume 26, No. 42 3.28 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_41.pdf Volume 26, No. 41 3.4 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_40.pdf Volume 26, No. 40 3.61 MB Adobe PDF View/Open
026_39.pdf Volume 26, No. 39 3.31 MB Adobe PDF View/Open

That's what I don't know if we can do that with import, and I didn't
see that mentioned in Dorothea's article.