--- In [email protected], "shaneblaser" <shanebla...@...> 
wrote:
>
> What is the concern? Is there an xml feed that makes the data 
available?
> 
> Why not make the data available to all?
> 
> Is it not better for dStar to have the dStar information used in as
> many ways as possible?

After reading your negative response to my post requesting a basic 
respect for my efforts (and others) to provide a general purpose 
access to D-STAR information, I have rewritten this reply many times 
to tone down my utter disgust with this "if its there, I can abuse 
it" mentality.

The jFindu pages make use of data gleaned from APRS (you can create 
your own databases from the APRS-IS feed) and the dstarusers.org 
database which I am partly responsible for its operation and 
maintenance.  The information is made possible by the repeater sysops 
and they are free to not feed dstarusers.org and/or feed other 
database(s) as -they- see fit.

Because I saw no decrease in activity (possibly due to an attitude 
such as yours), I have disabled the jFindu pages from doing lookups 
on reflectors.  I will be happy to reinstate these privately 
supported pages when I am notified by the author of the pages that 
improperly include unauthorized iframes that those pages have been 
disabled.  I am sorry for the inconvenience but I do not wish to see 
everyone's jFindu and dstarusers.org experiences be degraded by one 
or two errant web site authors.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL

Reply via email to