On 22 Feb 2009, at 21:51, Jay Maynard wrote: > On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 09:48:54PM -0000, Peter Loveall wrote: >> It amazes me how many people in this day and age believe it is >> their "right" to use another person's work without prior consent > > For the record, I have never argued anything of the sort, nor would I. > > With that said, Peter, I would also argue thet your utter, sneering > contempt > for anything that even remotely smells of open source, and those who > advocate such positions, leaves others with perhaps less sympathy > for your > cause than you might otherwise receive. > > You come across like someone trying to hoard a valuable resource for > the > amateur community. This does not endear you to others.
There must be some e-mails I missed. I never saw any utter, sneering contempt of any sort. Nor did I see any reference to "open source". Personally, I have every sympathy for Peter. He's done some excellent work and now it appears someone is (a) trying to take credit for it or use it without consent and (b) wasting his bandwidth and server processing power with an automated persistent grabbing system. And this e-mail of yours seems to support such theft -- I'm sure that's not what you intended but that's how many seem to have read it! We don't like theft or thieves. -- Regards Andy, G8TQH http://www.rickham.net/ [Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
