At Sun, 21 Feb 1999 19:57:01 EST, you wrote:
>
>All:
>
>Being the suspicious woman that I tend to be in such things, I wonder if the
>repeated "look at this" discussions on this topic are a covert way, of one or
>more involved, to simply post and spread such information on this list? 
>
>Perhaps some "EcoFeminist" shacked up in some "nature place" who has decided
>that such land should not be ruined or tainted by the hordes of impure people?
>That it should remain a refuge of those who seek to protect it and the
>'culture' ? 
>
>Such ideologies morph themselves into a wide variety of institutions and
>ideologies. Recall how, I believe it was the Sierra Club, which sought to
>limit immigration into the U.S. on the basis that it hurt the environment?
>
>There is a strong aspect of environmentalist, like that of the origins of the
>Planned Parenthood leadership, that has some very not so nice ideas about the
>indigenous - non-white populations, and their relative unimportance on the
>issues which affect their lands.

I posted these references because I believe it important for us to be aware of the 
motivations and ideologies of those who oppose us, in order to be able to counter them 
effectively.  It is for this same reason that I have forced myself to read Falwell's 
"Listen, America", Schaffer's "The Battle for the Mind", Bray's "A Time to Kill" and 
MacDonald's (actually Pierce's) "The Turner Diaries."  You'd better believe that 
they're reading us.  I deeply resent your insinuendo that I might be making this info 
available to the members on this list to serve racist or fascist ends (BTW, I live in 
sunny Florida).  Is there some sinister ulterior motive for your desire to aid and 
abet the suppression of this damning doctrinal info, to prevent our gaining knowledge 
of the seamy underbellies of those with which we disagree, and thusly to conceal their 
sick weaknesses from us?  No?  I didn't think so.  Now, grant me the same 
consideration.  We're all adults here; we can handle it (and we must!
!
).

>Does anyone on the list, because I did come here to learn about EcoFeminism,
>have any comments regarding the work of Ms. Maathai in Kenya? Or overall how
>EcoFeminism, indeed the "key" figures, reflect (or don't reflect) the primacy
>of such women to "rule" such issues in their own countries?
>
>Any references, especially those easy online ones, that I can refer to would
>be greatly appreciated.  I cannot find that previous posting about an
>ecofeminist web site, so could someone please forward this to me again?
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>nicole 
>
>
>
Joe E. Dees
Poet, Pagan, Philosopher


----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access your e-mail anywhere, at any time.
Get your FREE BellSouth Web Mail account today!
http://webmail.bellsouth.net
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Reply via email to