Dear Ecofem,

I felt extremely uneasy reading Nicole's note suggesting that these posts
are some sort of potential hoax. For me it was reminiscent of how many in
Idaho relate to the Christian Identity and Aryan Nations compounds
(churches) not far from here, I don't think that was the intention, to
sweep these issues under some rug of suspicion?

It's no hoax to live just a short drive from these people, to have a close
friend find her porch on fire, a burning cross in her yard a few months
ago. It's no joke when I find something like the 11th hour post in my
mail. I forwarded to the list because it represents the worst of human
existence. It is my perception that these people are on a mission to
destroy biodiversity beginning with certain members of the human race.
They frighten me, it helps give me courage to share these concerns in this
forum. People in my town suggest relocation, lay low, don't talk about,
keep it to yourself. If only I could, it would be grand to never know that
women in Afghanstan suffer supreme indignity, salmon fisheries are dying,
forests are crying, children are starving, and Richard the Dick Butler and
his new millionaire friends, Storey and Bertollini, live an hour's drive
away, trying to turn this part of the world into a hitler regime with help
from many in my town. Would I be happy then? If only I could.


"Facing the scale of social and ecological crisis in our world can leave
us feeling numbed, overwhelmed and powerless. Yet there is often little
place for such feelings in conventional politics or in our society at
large. The dominant response is to deny or distract ourselves from any
uncomfortable feelings about the state of the world, and to carry on with
'business as usual'...

"If we see ourselves as part of the world, it becomes possible to see that
such uncomfortable feelings may serve a valuable function. Just as it
hurts when we put our finger over a flame, 'pain for the world' alerts us
to the injuries of our world and can move us to respond. Allowing
ourselves to feel for our world also opens us to a source of energy and
aliveness, and a strength that comes from connection to something more
than just our narrow selves...

"When we integrate our beliefs, ideas and values into our behaviour, we
bring them alive and give them the power to influence our world. If we see
ourselves as separate from the world, it is easy to dismiss our actions as
irrelevant or unlikely to make any difference. Yet from the Deep Ecology
perspective, we are part of the world and every choice we make will have
ripples that extend beyond us. What may seem tiny and insignificant by
itself always adds to a larger context, so that every time we act for
life, we put our weight behind the shift towards a life-sustaining
culture. -- C. Johnstone. The Institute for Deep Ecology (UK)

love
/donna

joe dees wrote:

> I posted these references because I believe it important for us to be
aware of the motivations and ideologies of those who oppose us, in order
to be able to counter them effectively.  It is for this same reason that I
have forced myself to read Falwell's "Listen, America", Schaffer's "The
Battle for the Mind", Bray's "A Time to Kill" and MacDonald's (actually
Pierce's) "The Turner Diaries."  You'd better believe that they're reading
us.  I deeply resent your insinuendo that I might be making this info
available to the members on this list to serve racist or fascist ends
(BTW, I live in sunny Florida).  Is there some sinister ulterior motive
for your desire to aid and abet the suppression of this damning doctrinal
info, to prevent our gaining knowledge of the seamy underbellies of those
with which we disagree, and thusly to conceal their sick weaknesses from
us?  No?  I didn't think so.  Now, grant me the same consideration.  We're
all adults here; we can handle it (and we must!
> !
> ).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Donna S. Anderson                                      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Member: SEAC-Idaho                         http://www.uidaho.edu/~ande9584
                                   
                         Save Our National Heritage.
       Support Idaho Conservation League and Cove/Mallard Coalition.  
        

Reply via email to