In a message dated 2/21/1999 9:29:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
<< I deeply resent your insinuendo that I might be making this info
available to the members on this list to serve racist or fascist ends (BTW, I
live in sunny Florida). Is there some sinister ulterior motive for your
desire to aid and abet the suppression of this damning doctrinal info, to
prevent our gaining knowledge of the seamy underbellies of those with which we
disagree, and thusly to conceal their sick weaknesses from us? No? I didn't
think so. Now, grant me the same consideration. We're all adults here; we
can handle it (and we must! ! ). >>
Actually, I didn't offer an innuendo to anyone directly, nor did I at all
have anyone in mind.
You do know that living in Florida does not make you at all exempt from such
thinking? I cannot be so quick to say what "we" disagree with, because I don't
know everyone of "we" on this list.
Though appreciated, the issue of being able to handle it and having to (must)
handle are not things I come to this forum without. One aspect of "handling
it" is to question whenever it appears and from wherever it appears; it has
been my experience that the casual appearance of such materials has often been
a means of generating discussion, perhaps feeling out the audience to see how
much of it they respond to (a form of secret handshake) to see if there is
some similarity that can be drawn out and built upon. This is why I noted
that an EcoFeminist forum would not be an untoward place for such similarities
in ideology to be found.
I do not, as you perhaps do, have the concept that people on an EcoFeminist
email list and people who call themselves EcoFeminists would not have
similarities in ideology to such stuff. If this were another type of forum,
then I would have few or no suspicions that such things could be propagated,
welcome, or find a few kinfolks.
Nicole