    Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:20:53 -0400
    From: Robert Hamilton <roberthamil...@alc.edu>
 Subject: Re: [ECOLOG-L] Families in Science - Balancing your personal and
professional life
      To: ECOLOG-L@LISTSERV.UMD.EDU

I must say that I find this conversation somewhat embarrassing, and hope
it never gets out into the public domain. I have and have always had
friends and neighbours who work 2 or 3 jobs to keep things going.
Literally going to work at 6AM and not coming home till after 10PM
working jobs at places like Walmart and McDonalds. Lots of people work
8+ hours per say 50 weeks a year, like say my Dad, and had no problem
raising a family and contributing to the community. This whole thing is
a study in extreme narcissism. How's that for a wet blanket!

Robert Hamilton, PhD
Professor of Biology
Alice Lloyd College
Pippa Passes, KY 41844