I also echo the point that the EDI stream be viewed as a contract in and of
itself. Those in the audit profession would likely agree. But that having
been said, I would guess there to be a substantial amount of in-house
'cleansing' that takes place in the data exchange world, most of it done
under the covers. Certainly much is borne of expediency and accepted by an
unwritten policy, where the ramifications of such a practice is not (like much
of the EDI world) understood by those on high.
I commonly see updates applied to both internal and external EDI formats
under the guise of expediency.
-Bud
phoenixedi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We run SAP and TLE, and we currently do not allow our customer service
reps to modify any IDOC or EDI data. Our Director of Customer Service
wants them to be able to edit any "failed" data that comes in. For
example, if a customer orders an item in a wrong quantity (they order
11 when it has to be 12), the order will fail in SAP and the CSR's
will see it on a custom SAP transaction.
They want to be able to fix the data and then reprocess it. My
suggestion is to do it in SAP with a custom transaction, but I wanted
to cover all options. I don't think modifying the data outside of SAP
and processing it back in is a good solution, but I'm open to what
other people are doing.
Thanks.
---------------------------------
Want to start your own business? Learn how on Yahoo! Small Business.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
...
Please use the following Message Identifiers as your subject prefix: <SALES>,
<JOBS>, <LIST>, <TECH>, <MISC>, <EVENT>, <OFF-TOPIC>
Job postings are welcome, but for job postings or requests for work: <JOBS> IS
REQUIRED in the subject line as a prefix.
Yahoo! Groups Links
<*> To visit your group on the web, go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/
<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional
<*> To change settings online go to:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/EDI-L/join
(Yahoo! ID required)
<*> To change settings via email:
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
<*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to:
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/