Wayne,

I would wager that you have your CW pitch set to 650 Hz, either in the
K3 or in DX4WIN or both.

Then I would guess that DX4WIN is changing the mode first and then
changing the frequency.  Done that way, the frequency can be off by the
amount of the sidetone pitch.  If the frequency is changed first, and
then the mode, the K3 should follow along nicely.  (I an guessing at the
order which causes this situation, I may have it backwards).

The developer of N1MM has worked closely with Elecraft to iron out
little things like this - apparently the author of DX4WIN has not done
the same.

73,
Don W3FPR