Wayne,

As I said, I had this problem a few months ago.  Here is the solution from
Rich, VE3KI:

What is your setting for CONFIG:VFO OFS (see CONFIG:CW WGHT in the
manual)? If you have CONFIG:VFO OFS turned on, the mode change between SSB
and CW will cause the dial frequency to jump by the CW sidetone pitch.

As I recall, I just turned OFS off in the K3 and everything was back to normal.

73,

Dave, N4QS