From: Stephen Prior <eastbrantw...@gmail.com>
Sender: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:55:54
To: k6...@foothill.net<k6...@foothill.net>
Cc: elecraft@mailman.qth.net<elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Portable Antennas (near end fed)

Hi Fred

I have been very tempted by the Alex-loop, but in the meantime have just
bought one of G4TPH's loops which I shall put through its paces when the
weather improves!  I should imagine that the insensitivity to electric
fields in the near field would be an advantage in electrically noisy
environments. Even a campsite can be very noisy with the inverters from RVs
and the like spewing out rf everywhere.

I'm spoilt for choice of antennas to play with once the KX3 arrives!

73 Stephen G4SJP

On Wednesday, 9 May 2012, Fred Jensen wrote:

> I haven't been following this thread closely but has anyone mentioned a
> small magnetic loop like the Alex-Loop?  I've got a good SOTA friend who
> uses one and loves it.
>
> 73,
>
> Fred K6DGW
> - Northern California Contest Club
> - CU in the 2012 Cal QSO Party 6-7 Oct 2012
> - www.cqp.org
>
> On 5/9/2012 2:47 AM, David Cutter wrote:
> > What I particularly like about the near end fed is that you are more in
> > control of the local stray capacitances and such like and you only need
> > one slender wire in the sky.  I wrote a power point on the subject which
> > needs a bit of massage but I can send it to you for interest.

Sent from Gmail Mobile