From: David Cutter <d.cut...@ntlworld.com>
Sender: elecraft-boun...@mailman.qth.net
Date: Fri, 11 May 2012 17:24:48
To: <elecraft@mailman.qth.net>
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] Portable Antennas (near end fed)

I think you've hit the nail on the head: couple your K series to the
internet using a decent outdoor aerial at home.  Spend your money for
effective communication and avoid all those nasty emc troubles in hotel
rooms, unless you can poke a wire out of the window.  BTW, you probably
need permission from the hotel owner to do this.

Loops are good for receiving using an external amplifier if you need
to.  You can get very good nulling of nearby noise sources.  You only
need simple wire loops, no fancy hardware.

David
G3UNA