My experience in a hotel room is they do not work well at all. Seems
like you are inside a cage with RFI emitters all around you. Even high
up in the hotel. Have had better luck outside on the grass with a dipole
or wire just hung up arm's length in the trees.

Get some wire outside and away from the building!  or go outside. I have
not had any luck getting hotel rooms with real balcony options.

73, tom n4zpt