Ron,

I'd strongly recommend getting the KXPD3 paddle.  I did NOT order it
initially and only ordered it AFTER I got my KX3 (SN 112).  The KXPD3
is a big improvement over the KX1 paddle which I had already used with
a friend's KX1 and didn't like.  The light weight and compact size of
the KXPD3 are bonuses.  I really like it and think it is a great
addition to the KX3 if you have any thought of using the KX3 in the
field.  The ability to configure the KX3 to use the KXPD3 as a hand
key is nice for participating in SKCC events.  It is very easy to use
as a hand key.

Hope this helps.

73,
BILL