Pretty hard to beat a few lengths of wire (one for a vertical section,
and a few for radials) hung straight off the BNC of the KX3. That way
there's no loss to coax, and you have minimal stuff to carry.

My whole kit (KX3#80, HPS1a, wire, paddle, etc., etc.) all fit in a
small LowePro Edit 140 camera bag, and is well-protected. Hard to make
it much smaller than that, I think.

It's been island hopping with me through the Mediterranean for the
past month with no problems.

YMMV,

73 de SV8/N6GQ