On 6/16/2012 7:46 AM, Jeff Kinzli N6GQ wrote:
> Pretty hard to beat a few lengths of wire (one for a vertical section,
> and a few for radials) hung straight off the BNC of the KX3. That way
> there's no loss to coax, and you have minimal stuff to carry.

RIGHT ON!  The name of the game is efficiency, especially when you're
running QRP.  Remember that loading inductors are lossy, and that end

Almost any antenna based on plain ordinary copper wire that's getting
close to a quarter wave (or is at least 1/8 wave) and does something
equally good to provide for return current is going to be a better
solution than almost anything you can buy.  QRP is one hand tied behind
your back. Don't tie the other one with an antenna that has poor efficiency.

There are several telescoping fibre poles, including one made by a
German ham that's a quarter wave on 40M, that you can tape that wire to.
It's a useful option if there are no supports around (like trees or a
building), and I've seen mounting hardware that it can fit into to hold
it vertical, or to mount it to some fixed object (like a railing).

73, Jim K9YC