From: Don Brown [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 29 December 2005 21:58
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; Elecraft e-mail reflector
Subject: Re: [Elecraft] KPA100

Hi

The 8T signal is not used in any Elecraft option. It is unlikely you would
use it in a homebrew project as the 8R line is the inverse and allows an
adjustable delay for keying or relay switching. The key in the plug is much
more useful as it prevents you from installing the connector backwards
possibly damaging components on the K2 control board or KPA100. I do not cut

the pin off. I heat it on the back of the board and gently pull it out with
pliers after all the other pins are soldered. At least doing it this way
allows the pin to be reinserted if it should ever become necessary.

Don Brown
KD5NDB