Hi all,

I was experiencing the 40m parasitic and so I made the positioning mod on RFC10 as shown on N0SS' web site. It was really easy. I didn't touch anything else (I know, that's what they all say, but honest, I didn't ... at least I don't think I did :-) ). Now, the KPA100 indicates "Hi SWR" and apparently throttles back the power to virtually nothing. Same thing happens if I reduce the requested power below 10W. It's been sitting idle for quite awhile awaiting some time to look at it, which came today.

I checked D16 and D17 with the DMM. On the 2000 KOhm range, they read 105 and 99 respectively in the forward direction and infinity in the reverse. They read infinity in both directions on any other resistance range.

1. Can I even check them this way? My DMM is a cheap little pocket CEN-TECH P30756 that I won at a hamfest. It has a 9V battery in it.

2. Any ideas for what else I should check before I ship it to someone for "real repair?"

KEVIN: ECN will be on the TS-850 this afternoon, K2 is on the operating table.

73,

Fred K6DGW
Auburn CA CM98lw