I am not an antenna purist and will use whatever is handy but my favourite
antenna (at the moment) are a 44 foot Center feed zepp with tv twinlead and
a 4:1 balun or if trees are not available I really like my semi homebrew
center loaded vertical using a 12 inch base rod, a Wolf River Silver Bullet
coil and a collapsible military whip for 80/40 or just a 36 inch whip for
20 - 10 if I want to be stealthy. I had a buddy stick but it is to finicky
to tune, whereas the Wolf river coil just slides down for maximum noise and
let the KX3/KXPA take the last bit of swr out. For radials you can't beat
the tape measure radials.