My practical experience is that miniature antennas do not work very well.
You end up with a miniature signal which is not much use with QRP.

I recently operated from Vanuatu as YJ0BJ and I used a Steppir CrankIR
vertical for 10 - 40m.  It worked very well indeed and whilst it does not
assemble in two minutes, it does all pack away in the carry bag provided.
However, you need a mounting post, fence post or something to mount it on.

My holiday location was almost on the beach so arguably I had the salt
water benefit. However, I have tried it here at home, now with the 80m
extender kit (still all packs in the one bag) and it works OK.

I will be on again from YJ0BJ in November 10 - 80m. The rig will again be
my K3. See the photos and write up on my YJ0BJ QRZ page.

Barry  VK2BJ