This isn't really an Elecraft topic, but ... please see https://www.winehq.org/license.

You're right, imho. If you have a ton of Windoze software, you should stay with Windoze. Many users have transitioned to Linux recently, particularly after the Win10 nagware episode(s). Some of them have Win software they'd like to keep using. In most cases, wine is a acceptable and valid option for doing that. If the packages they're running are already paid for, it doesn't put any additional $ in M$'s pocket.

73,

matt W6NIA