Mike,
        What you are possibly getting a little confused is

        WINE - which sort of allows Windows executables to run in a Linux
environment. How well this solution works depends upon the Application, and the
DLL’s. This was initially intended for XP/Win NT. Since lots of Windows apps
are now .NET Assemblies this is more tricky to use, as Mono has not been fully
embraced by the Open-Source community.

        Virtualisation - Oracle-Virtual Box (KVM and VMware) allows you to run
a different OS (Operating System) machine in another environment (in this case
in a Linux Environment). This solution is the most stable - but at the costs of
further enriching a large US Multi-National. A very good technique and one used
in Data Centres around the world.

        Welcome on-board - there may be a few bumps on the way - but you are at
least on the right path.

        73s - A45WG

         Tim, Muscat:  Sultanate  of Oman