Mike,

WINE = *W*ine *I*s *N*ot an *E*mulator

You don't run Windows in WINE.  You run Windows programs that are then
presented the Windows APIs by WINE.  Think of WINE as a translator, not an
emulator.

I otherwise agree with your sentiment.

I prefer to run apps in their native environment.  Once my favorite
programs DXLab and N1MM+ are able to run in Linux natively, I will switch
to Linux in a heartbeat!

73, Tony K4QE