Tom,

I don't know about the Heil Electret mics, but in my experience with the K2, the electret mic output from the Heil "iC" microphones is equal to that from most other electret microphones such as the Elecraft MH2.

Perhaps Heil has reduced the output of their more recent electret microphones, I just don't know about that because I have not had recent encounters with them.

73,
Don W3FPR