Hey, Robert, here’s a thought:  Given the irony of a secondary model (a passive
version of the speaker) actually having higher production cost (due to the more
limited production run), you could simply produce one model: an active
speaker—which has the added versatility of being able to be configured as a
passive speaker.  Cost-wise, it would be less expensive to add another ‘A’
model to serve as a second [passive] speaker (albeit with the amp turned off,
with a bypass for the direct feed from an external source).  This would only
require the ‘A’ model to be switchable to either L or R input (a channel swap
DPDT)—and be able to go into bypass [through] mode

Although it may seems wasteful to have a 2nd active speaker doing duty as a
passive one, but it would be less expensive to implement (both for producer and
user), and, hey, you’d have the utility of having a 2nd active speaker kicking
around in your kit (for whatever:)

As an incentive [sweetener], Robert, you could offer a discount on ordering a
second ‘A’ speaker at time of purchase

Addendum: if you only made one model, an SPX3A, to pair with the KX3, as a KX2
user I would be willing to lump it and purchase them anyway… ’cuz, Elecraft <3

FB es 73  de KX2CW  Joan  kn

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra, said Piglet.
Shaka, when the walls fell, said Pooh.