Robert,

You will need to provide a means of connecting the KX2/KX3 PHONES output to a soundcard for the use of digital modes.

The KXSPA should connect to the left channel since that is the channel that is normally used by soundcard digital.

I think that means you would want to provide a knob controlled gain control on your active speaker so the sound level to the speakers can be controlled without disturbing the level to the soundcard being used for digital modes.

73,
Don W3FPR