Good Evening,

    It was a very pleasant day; sunny and mild.  The spiders are much smaller than they will be later in the season.  I had already raided the backyard and there were no more ripe black berries left.  I was on a quest for more.  So I walked in areas of my land I had not traveled in a few years.  There was one spot where the elk had been bedding.  It smelled like a barn which was got my attention.  It was well shaded so the alder branches had died and broken off far above ground level.  While I am much taller than our native deer the elk need taller trails which are a comfortable fit for me.  I only found a few spots with black berries but did find a lot of huckleberries.  Now the waiting for the thimble berries.  Maybe two weeks.

   Twenty-four days without a spot on the sun.  The solar flux index seems stuck on the same spot it's been at for months.  This leads me to believe the conditions will be quite similar to what they have been for the last few weeks.  Low noise but weak signals with deep QSB.  Good thing I live in a very low noise area; it helps a great deal in who I can hear.  A stream of solar wind is on the way for the 24th, by Wednesday conditions may be better.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7045 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
Kevin. KD5ONS

_