Good Evening,

   The warm, sunny weather has caused quite a few flowers to bloom.  There are now four types of berries ripe for the picking: salmon berries are almost done, huckleberries seem to be around forever, black berries which last about a month, and thimble berries which are around for about two weeks.  The competition for the latter is high.  If I am able to get one handful a year I am lucky.  The bees have been busy with all the blossoms.  From what I can tell there is only one type of bumble bee active.  It is easy to check because they think my lavender plants on the deck are wonderful.  Gives me plenty of time to check their markings. A yellow band around the abdomen tells me they are Bombus californicus.

   The sun is still waiting for time to pass.  One tiny spot broke the near month long streak of spotless days.  Now we're back to counting again.  SFU is stuck below 70 too.  I expect conditions to be very similar to what they have been for weeks. Quiet band with weak signals and high QSB.  If you hit the timing of the QSB correctly I can copy everything pretty well.  If you miss it you're gone.  Often propagation is not reciprocal.  But good ears on both ends always helps.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7045 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
Kevin. KD5ONS

_