Good Evening,

   I was working on a pile of brush when I heard an odd sound. It took a while to remember what it was.  At first I thought someone had snuck their old truck nearby.  It sounded like a very rusty hinge opening.  When it repeated I heard the breathy finish and knew it was elk.  For the next hour they would bugle every five minutes or so as they walked up from the east and then down toward the west.  They were moving through the most covered area of new growth.  It has been a number of years since there has been enough cover for them.

   The bear berries are ripe.  Grouse love them, both spruce and ruffed.  They flush when I am out walking through the white berries.  If it's windy they appear from almost underfoot which gets exciting.  The sun has a few speckles on it with one spot growing rapidly.  The flux has increased and we are due for a CME.  Hopefully the band will be better.  Lots of PT this week, I hope it helps keep my hand from sending too many odd dots and dashes when I least expect them.

Please join us tomorrow on:

14050 kHz at 2200z Sunday (3 PM PDT Sunday)
  7045 kHz at 0000z Monday (5 PM PDT Sunday)

73,
Kevin. KD5ONS

_