Your first posting said that you had been using WSJt-X for a fairly long
time using the USB cable for both audio and CAT control. If the only change
you want to make is to use VOX instead of PTT, the only thing you need to
change in WSJT-X  is the PTT setting - change it from CAT to VOX.
Everything else can stay the same.

However, you also said you wanted to run multiple instances of WSJT-X.
That's a different matter, and PTT/VOX is only a small part of it. If you
try to run more than one instance of WSJT-X, only the first instance will
be able to use CAT control. Any other instances will not be able to open
the serial port used to control the radio, so they will not have CAT
control of any kind, including not only PTT control, but also frequency and
mode control.

JT9 uses CAT control not only for PTT, but also for frequency control
(split operation, and/or specific frequencies for different modes on
various bands). The instance you use for JT9 and similar modes should
probably have full CAT control. WSPR, on the other hand, does not really
need CAT control once you have tuned the transceiver to the correct
frequency for the band. So I'd suggest creating a second instance of WSJT-X
that does not have CAT control implemented at all, with PTT using VOX and
Split Operation set to None. Use that second non-CAT instance for WSPR.

73,
Rich VE3KI

K6FOD wrote:

I was specifically wondering about entries on WSJT-X's Settings
 > Radio page:

-- At the top of the page, is anything filled in for "Rig"?

-- The lefthand side of the page has the heading "CAT Control," so is
anything entered here (serial port, baud rate, data/stop bits, DTR/RTS,
etc)?

-- On the righthand side of the page, I assume "VOX" is selected as PTT
method. What choices are selected for Mode and for Split Operation?