What is your VOX gain setting?

Bob NW8L

On Wed, 29 Jan 2020, Frank O'Donnell wrote:

Bob,

First, let me back up and say that I'm operating with the K3S in transverter mode on 630m with an external power amp. I've successfully used CAT control with WSJT-X on a MacBook Pro to tx/rx JT9 and WSPR. My objective now is to use the K3S in VOX mode with a Windows 10 desktop running two instances of WSJT-X, and one instance each of SlowJT9 and JS8Call. I'm told that a number of ops do this with other brands of rigs to allow the decoders to rx simultaneously, and to tx with any of them without any reconfig necessary (though obviously only one app can be used to transmit at any given time). At this point, I have all the decoders running simultaneously and successfully decoding incoming signals. Now I'm just working on getting VOX mode working to transmit.

As things stand now, when I click Tune or enable transmit in WSJT-X, the Windows audio system indicates that audio is going out to the USB Codec.

To answer your questions, nothing is plugged into the Line In on the K3S rear panel. When I started working on this, the K3S was in split mode with Data B selected. In order to get into Data A, I first needed to disable split mode. I then enabled VOX. The levels you mentioned all appear to be set appropriately.

Now, if I click Tune or enable transmit in WSJT-X, the K3S reenables split mode and switches to Data B. The red transmit light never comes on.

Undoubtedly there's another setting I need to do something with?

Thanks and 73,

Frank K6FOD