Don,

Thanks for the comment.

CAT has always been the PTT method I've used with WSJT-X, and it's been very successful. It would normally be my first choice.

However, I just ran across this interesting configuration that some number of 630m ops are using, using other brands of rigs. Since all of the digital modes on 630m are based off the same frequency of 474.2 kHz, they set their rigs to that frequency and then use VOX control to allow several decoders on the same PC to rx simultaneously, and tx one at a time without any reconfiguration. I gather this couldn't be done if the decoder apps used CAT, as only one app can have CAT control of the rig at any time.

So I wanted to give this a try. So far I have several decoders receiving simultaneously from the K3S, and it's nice to have JT9, WSPR, SlowJT9 and JS8 all being decoded at the same time. I'm just having challenges getting transmitting to work with VOX. I know the PC is sending audio out the USB Codec when I hit the Tune button in WSJT-X, and I know VOX works on my K3S because I use it for CW. Just trying to knit the final details together.

73,

Frank K6FOD