Your point continues to be repeated (and it’s become a tiresome and annoying
whine).  However it remains that the Elecraft code is proprietary, just as most
radio manufacturers code, name most any brand.  Ditto car engine computer code
(gas, diesel, hybrid or battery), computer program operating systems,
networking products and more.   It’s private and protected by laws.

Try walking into Tesla and demanding copies of their designs and coding.   You
might just hope to land on the lawn, it depends on how well they toss you.

While it’s possible to come close to duplicating the hardware (illegally),
perhaps even take a good stab at the code; Elecraft gear still has their name
on it, they stand behind it with both name and reputation on the line.

So their code won’t be released to the public risking someone makIng poor
changes, potentially causing issues, that could besmirch the name and product
reputation that they’ve built up.  That would be ruinous to the product, the
users and financial suicide for Elecraft.

Ditto Kenwood.  Ditto Yaesu.  Ditto Icom.   And they’re not even in the same
league as Elecraft.

If the coder is THAT good, apply to join the team.   Expand that team to
anyone/everyone and you end up with radio version of Windows; bloated, slow,
resource hogging that demands new hardware with each update or evolution and
can’t get out of its own way to operate in mediocrity.

If you want to roll your own, start at the very beginning, just as they did.
No one stopped them, no one will stop you.

I think they’re doing an excellent job and push their designs to the limit
(K3); then take the next step with newer hardware (K4) to build on their
success.

You’re welcome to try and match all that; starting from scratch.

Let’s not (ever) bring this up monthly anymore; the answer in the foreseeable
future, is no.  For excellent reasons.

Most of the users buy in because of the well proven quality and won’t accept
substitutes.   Stop asking.

73,
Rick NK7I

Email spiel Czech corruptions happen