There's a variety of "hard" containers available too with tiny holes in them
to allow air to pass but not the crystals. I found one in a bottle of
aspirin recently about the size of the eraser off of a pencil! The
pharmaceutical companies have given up trying to get people to store their
drugs outside of the bathroom where the humidity destroys the efficacy of
most drugs and have started trying to protect them with desiccants instead!

I guess the question is whether protection is really needed. I've worked on
a lot of marine radios aboard ships and can't recall finding any corrosion
except for those things exposed directly to salt water spray. Of course,
water vapor does *not* carry salt. It can condense in gear and cause other
problems, but they aren't limited to coastal areas. The equipment has to be
exposed to actual airborne droplets of salt water to get salt corrosion.

I was a broadcast transmitter engineer at an FM station that had a dry-air
filled feed line like you describe, only it was coaxial line made using a
copper tube within a larger copper pipe. One of the things I kept a close
eye on was the SWR on the line. If moisture started to intrude for any
reason, it would start a relentless climb toward the point at which the
transmitter would shut down automatically. Obviously, my job was to make
sure it stayed on the air <G>.

Ron AC7AC