On Fri, 6 Jul 2007 20:15:40 -0500 (GMT-05:00), Mike Morrow wrote:

>Bill wrote to John:

>>I'm not sure what you are implying. I took my tests in 1980 under a
>>steely-eyed FCC examiner, and they were multiple-choice back then.

  When I saw Bill's comment I looked into the mirror.  My grey
  eyes did look a bit steely!

>The FCC ham technical exams were multiple choice when I took my
>first one in 1968, and they had been at least as far back as the
>early 1950s when my Dad took his.

  In 1952 I took my ham Novice and Tech exam (the Tech written
  was the same as the General in those days) and all the
  questions were multiple choice except for one or two in the
  Tech/General exam which were "correct the diagram" types.

--
   73 de K2ASP - Phil Kane
   Elecraft K2/100   s/n 5402