At 11:05 PM 11/26/2007, Tom Childers, N5GE wrote:
On Mon, 26 Nov 2007 17:57:14 -0500, you wrote:

[snip]
>On the shipment status page, reference is made to "Shipping
>weeks Nov 26-30 and Dec 3-7" and the statement "Orders with
>deposits" is added to it as if the deposit somehow affects shipping status.
>
>Exactly what, if anything, does a deposit have to do with a shipment?
[snip]

I spoke with Lisa today about that very thing.  She assured me the rumor that
rigs ordered with deposits shipping first is not true and has no bearing on
their shipping dates.  They are being shipped according to the date the order
was received.

Tom, N5GE - SWOT 3537

I looked back in the archives a few minutes ago. On April 28, in the K3 announcement post, N6KR said, among other things:

"As explained on the order form, you can reserve a K3 now for initial
shipments in July. A 50% deposit is requested if you'd like to secure
one of the first 200 production units (serial numbers 20-220,
probably)."

So it was more than a rumor. Probably more than 200 have been ordered by now, so the offer is probably withdrawn.

Jerry W4UK