> As far as shipping units that had no deposit/full payment
> before those that had been partially/fully paid....I think
> if that has happened in the first batch, it's really shoddy
> treatment for those who gave Elecraft financial aid with
> their deposits or prepayments.

Let's clarify what those of us who made a deposit were promised: We were
told if we made a deposit we would be assured of being in the FIRST 200
SERIAL NUMBERS (until those were sold, of course). If only 100 deposits were
made, then Elecraft could ship in order-date order and still be keeping its
promise. If 200 deposits were made and the production run was increased to
300, Elecraft could ship in order-date order but reserve serial numbers
below 220 for deposit-makers and still be keeping its promise.

If more deposits were made than there were units in the first production
run, and if serial numbers < 220 are not being reserved for the first 200
deposit-makers, then Elecraft isn't keeping its promise to those who made
deposits.

Consider the possibility that there were 199 deposits made in the first 1000
orders, then the 200th deposit was made. If Elecraft sends serial number 220
to the 1001st customer, they would be fulfilling the promise to
deposit-makers even if the other 1000 radios get shipped first.

Since we don't know the number of deposits made or the size of the first (or
any) product run, we can't say for sure whether or not this promise is being
kept. We can only give them the benefit of the doubt. Note that if you order
today and make a deposit, there's no benefit other than the good feeling
that comes from helping Elecraft improve its cash flow during a time when
cash flow is dependant on shipping radios that are apparently hard to ship
in quantity.

Craig
NZ0R
K3/100 #25