Here are my questions

How do you define a web component in Elm. What's the boilerplate? Can it be
auto-generated from any Elm app? (my gut here says that ports become
similar to on-change events)

How do you consume web components with Elm's virtual-dom. Are there issues?
There used to be concerns surrounding the virtual DOM and the shadow DOM
interaction.

Ignoring non-Elm boilerplate, is the code better? Does it solve our
concerns about components?

How's performance compared to using the top-level dispatcher (particularly
at scale - e.g. hundreds of datepickers)

If all of the above are favorable, then we can start thinking about adding
a feature to Elm.

I think we learn a lot by running this experiment.