After lurking here for months(years?), I have need of specific input.  I
have benefited greatly from the info as I'm fairly knowledgeable, but
haven't had need of specific help really until now!

I run 2.0v3 on my PowerBook G3 (Wallstreet) in OS 9.1 with 128Mb of RAM, and
a 4Gb hard drive.  I have a Mail database of 54Mb, with about 2000 messages
(never mind how many I've already archived ;->), and connect to my
CompuServe account which I have had since 1986(?) or so via a broadband
connection.  I use TCPack for CompuServe to connect (and wish I could buy it
and disable the need to hit an OK button to log on), but have also used the
Black Night Telnet tool.

Just yesterday, "all of a sudden" Emailer started crashing the moment after
it had logged on to CompuServe when it started to download waiting mail.
The app just disappeared, followed by a dialog box with a Type 2 (address)
error.  This happened time after time with the same results.  I trashed my
Emailer prefs file; same thing.  Then I trashed the Finder prefs--no go.

I immediately ran both Norton Utilities 6 and TechTool Pro 3, with the
typical adjustments needed, but no major problems.  I then rebuilt my mail
database, with no problem, only to find the same problem when I ran Emailer
to log on.  However, I was able to _send_ a message only, without picking up
my waiting emails.  I _am_ able to log on to CIS using the ancient
CompuServe 3.0.3, and have looked at my messages.  Thinking that the cause
might be the msg it was trying to d/l first, I deleted that.

I've searched high and low for my original disks, but can only find updaters
and demo installers.  I did have another copy of Emailer on my desktop
computer, so copied the app over and tried launching that.  It did connect
and downloaded the first 10 msgs or so, but then it crashed as the other
had, only with a Type 1 (bus) error.

In switching back and forth between the two copies of 2.0v3, one gives Type
2, the other Type 1 consistently.  Where is the error?  I've also rebuilt
the desktop AND re-set the PRAM.  I've tried both Telnet connectors with no
difference in result.

Please reply here on the list--I can connect using OE, and have to for some
msgs that Emailer will not pick up.

What wisdom have ye??
-- 
Blessings,

Fred

___________________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe send a mail message with a SUBJECT line of "unsubscribe" to
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>  or  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Reply via email to