        From:   Russell, Ray [SMTP:ray_russ...@gastmfg.com]
        Sent:   Friday, September 11, 1998 6:05 AM
        To:     'emc-p...@ieee.org'; 'dmitch...@eoscorp.com';
'ron_pick...@hypercom.com'
        Subject:        RE: Re[2]: Are all these agencies really
necessary?

        Greetings,

        A few years ago at a NEMKO seminar I attended, there was a
        presentation on the "key mark". Because it looked like a key and
would
        open doors to all markets. I believe this was a proposal from
the IEC.
        Anyone hear any recent developments on this possibility? I
imagine
        with the CE marking, that the push for something like the key
mark was
        put aside in the EU.

        Thanks,

        Ray Russell